[Orgmode] Mails with icalendar appointments (Was: Org support for the no

From: Andreas Amann
Subject: [Orgmode] Mails with icalendar appointments (Was: Org support for the notmuch mail client)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:11:46 +0000

I get quite a few emails in icalendar format which are requests for
appointments. To avoid unnecessary distraction, I would like to quickly
convert them into org-mode TODO list items. What is the recommended way
to do this? Can the org-capture framework be used for this?

I use notmuch to access email, and org-notmuch.el as capture interface
but I guess the same problem occurs for users of gnus or other email
clients. Do solutions exist for them?

I also experimented a bit with "icalendar-import-buffer", which gives a
diary entry that can show up in the agenda. Are there any better
options? Any pointers welcome.

Andreas