Re: [Orgmode] German date in LaTeX export [7.3]

From: phaebz
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] German date in LaTeX export [7.3]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:30:27 +0200

On 02/14/2011 02:10 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> phaebz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The usepackage line for babel is necessary, because Language: de is not
>> recognized. With the above, I correctly get e.g. "Inhaltsverzeichnis"
>> instead of "Contents". But the timestamp in the title remains the english
>> one, namely "13 February 2011".
> How did you set "the timestamp in the title"?  Through #+TITLE?  Through
> #+DATE: ?  There is something I miss here.
>
> Thanks,

I am sorry. I am relatively new to all this. Please be patient... "the
timestamp in the title" referred to the LaTeX title. I did not set a timestamp
via #+DATE: %d %B %Y, because I thought org would take care of that, as it does
often. I read some more in the manual and understood that #+LANGUAGE:  de is
only used for HTML export.

I thought #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[ngerman]{babel} would result in a german
style \today macro in the corresponding LaTeX file.

I should have experimented more, i.e. read the LaTeX export file for hints,
then I would have seen that the default #+DATE: option is indeed %d %B %Y,
which gets expanded to 14 February 2011 and inserted literally into the LaTeX
\date macro, since I use an english locale.

I now use #+DATE: \today and it works as expected.

Sorry for the noise, my posts often end up in a kind of self-helping
experience, but hints are always appreciated. Thanks Bastien for the push.

Michael Bach