Re: [O] Capture - stay clocked in?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Capture - stay clocked in?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 22:35:44 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there an option NOT to clock out of a Todo item that's
>> created using org-capture?
>
> I assume you mean "when :immediate-finish is non-nil in a capture
> template", right?
>
> Yes, this bugged me as well.
>
> The default behavior is now (latest git) that :immediate-finish t
> will *not* clock out the captured entry so that you can use it in
> conjunction with :clock-in.
>
> HTH,

Hi Bastien,

I think this change may have changed the default for
non :immediate-finish capture tasks as well.

I have the following template:

("t" "todo" entry
  (file "~/git/org/refile.org")
  "* TODO %?\n%U\n%a\n" :clock-in t :clock-resume t)

and if the clock is not running when I start capture with this template
it stays running afterwards.  I don't think this was the intended
behaviour.

Let me know if you want me to try to isolate the commit that changed
this behaviour for me.

Thanks,
--
Bernt