Re: [O] Re: latex export issue

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [O] Re: latex export issue
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:16:56 +0000

That sounds like it means that any documents you might want to export to LaTeX (and format with hard line breaks) should always have non-breaking spaces after the periods---or you should keep a manual eye on your paragraph formatting to make sure no numbers come first on the line.

Although I really like the new list code (many, many thanks, Nicolas!), this does seem an unfortunate (if rare) little 'gotcha' arising from it.  I hadn't realized that lists are triggered with no indentation at all.

Scot

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Nicolas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

> With the following minimal org buffer:
>
> Simple test
>
> here here here here here here here here here here here here here here
> 2010.  here here here here here here here here here here here here
> here here here here here here here here here here here here here here

> This is modified from a real case; is there any way that the "2010." can
> be interpreted as the end of the sentence rather than the start of a
> enumerate list?  (I have fixed it for now by reformatting my paragraph
> so that 2010 does not begin the line.)  I get similar behaviour with
> html export.

I usually suggest to insert a non-breakable space just after the
dot. Thus, the pattern doesn't match definition of a numbered list item
anymore.

Nicolas