Re: [O] Org expert mode?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Org expert mode?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:41:41 -0700

Hi,

I tend to agree with Joost's sentiments.

In my opinion the current Org-mode---despite all of the power lurking
just beneath the surface---is entirely usable as a very simple plain
text notes buffer.  The user need know nothing more than how to press
tab on a headline to expand-contract it's contents.

This is how I try to introduce Org-mode to new users.

  "Just think of it as plain text notes, and whenever you realize you
   want a new feature, look in the manual... chances are someone has
   already implemented it."

Best -- Eric