[O] org-sparse-tree on region or subtree?

From: Lee Hinman
Subject: [O] org-sparse-tree on region or subtree?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:56:58 -0600

Is it possible to run org-sparse-tree on a specific region or subtree of
an org file?

I have an Org file with the following structure

* 2010...
* 2011
** 2011-01 January...
** 2011-02 February
*** 2011-02-01 Tuesday
**** Alice
- Plain list item 1
- Plain list item 2
**** Bob
- Plain list item a
- Plain list item b
*** 2011-02-08 Tuesday
**** Alice
- Plain list item 3
- Plain list item 4
**** Bob
- Plain list item c
- Plain list item d

I'd like to be able to be able to run a command and see all the Alice
entries for 2011-02 February.  It seems like a sparse tree (with a regex
for Alice) on the 2011-02 February subtree would give me that.  But I
*think* org-sparse-tree uses org-occur which always starts at
point-min, but I could easily be mis-reading the code.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Lee Hinman
address@hidden