Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [O] Slow movement in large buffers
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:18:00 -0500

Scott Randby wrote:
On 2011-03-15 03:25, Matt Lundin wrote:
I've been navigating the org-issues file (14000+ lines) and have
found movement within the file to be fairly slow. Sometimes Emacs
will lock up for several seconds.
Do others have the same experience? If so, does anyone have any tips
on how to diagnose this further?

I have a netbook running an Intel dual-core 1.66GHz and 2GB RAM. I
opened up org-issues.org and navigated through it without difficulty.
There was a delay for about a second when I unfolded the "Development
Tasks" headline, but there were no delays after that. Vertical movement
is instantaneous.

Do those who experience slowness have a line-numbering mode in Emacs
turned on?  (linum-mode perhaps?)