Re: [O] Professional PDF LaTeX templates?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Professional PDF LaTeX templates?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:52:15 -0500

> 2011/3/14 Thomas Herbert <address@hidden>
>>
>> Afternoon,
>>
>> I wonder if anyone had any good examples of org-mode LaTeX templates with
>> which to export professional looking PDFs?
>>
>> It is my big issue with org-mode at the moment, and I have tried reading
>> what I can on LaTeX styling but it is getting to the point that I am
>> spending way to much time trying to learn enough LaTeX only to find I can't
>> translate it into anything that looks the quality of using MS Word and Adobe
>> Flashpaper.

Instead... could you provide something you think is professional to
set the bar and those on the list can either match it or point you in
the direction of something they've seen or already created to fit into
your genre of "professional"?

>> Just wondering if anyone has some template examples of letter/logo headed
>> well styled PDFs they use on a professional basis?

 I wrote a paper analyzing a mutli-level marketing scheme someone
tried to pitch me and would have posted a link, but then saw that you
want "letter/logo headed" stuff... Mine just has a title, author,
formulas, etc. No logos. I think Camille is right in asking what you
take to be "professional." Quality font (I use palatino) and default
LaTeX export settings (except that I widen the margins with the
geometry package) look pretty darn good to me.

John