[O] Use-cases for babel

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [O] Use-cases for babel
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:55:13 -0600

Hi list,

I'm a long-time org user, and when I followed the development and
release of org-babel with great interest. However, I never really used
it, mainly because I never really found a use-case for me.

I noticed that there were a lot of messages regarding babel and
publishing, but I've read a post other day that opened my eyes:
org-babel can be actually used to create self-contained org-"systems",
in other words, org files with elisp scripts that extend and add to
org, and output stuff on the fly.

I never tried org-babel, but this really excited me, I might play
around with the idea more when I have the time.

We could also use this thread for additional ideas on how org-babel
could be used.

Cheers,

Marcelo.