Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:16:56 -0500

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Erik Iverson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If you export to HTML, you should be able to export your notes with a
>> CSS class to style your notes as differently from the text as you
>> like.
>>

> I like the following for offsetting quotes, may work well for notes...
>
> #+begin_src css
>  blockquote {
>    border-left: 1px solid gray;
>    padding-left: 4px; }
> #+end_src

I like formats like this as well and have been "cheating" to do this
in LaTeX more or less like this:

#+attr_latex: align=l|p{0.95\textwidth}
| \,| The text that I want quoted, which ends up looking good but
needs to be on one insanely long line of an org-mode table|

Is there a better way to send a quote into the table form (indented
with a nice vertical line to the left) but not need to have the quote
on one huge line of an actual table (from org -> LaTeX, that is...
obviously the above works if using html)?

John