[O] Custom Agenda that partially skips entries

From: Ido Magal
Subject: [O] Custom Agenda that partially skips entries
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 22:58:25 -0700

I'd appreciate assistance in constructing a custom agenda that accomplishes the following (if possible):

1. Block of week's agenda.
2. Block of "next" items that have no schedule ( items that don't show up in block 1 )

This is my starting point:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("n" "Next tasks"
((todo "next")))
("A" "agenda"
((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 7)))
 (todo "next")
 ))
))

The problem here is that I get duplicates because _all_ 'next' items show up in the second block.  I'd rather that only unscheduled items showed there.

I thought that this would do it, but it fails:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("n" "Next tasks"
((todo "next")))
("A" "agenda"
((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 7)))
 ((todo "next")
  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'deadline 'scheduled)))
 ))
))

Thanks in advance.