[O] Unable to use M-Ret from line-wrapped relative time items

From: Tomer Altman
Subject: [O] Unable to use M-Ret from line-wrapped relative time items
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:59:08 -0700

Hi,

I am an inexperienced org-mode user, so my apologies if this bug report falls short, or is submitted to the wrong forum.

I've been experiencing an annoying bug/break since upgrading to OrgMode 7.5. I'm running it on GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9, Carbon Version 1.6.0).

When I am using a relative timer, I can usually hit M-Ret at the end of the current item, to create a new time-stamped item (I'm using [X] for point):

- 0:02:04 :: foo[X]

This leads to a new timestamp item:

- 0:02:04 :: foo
- 0:02:06 ::

But when the text of the second note gets to be too long, Emacs wraps the text to the next line (I have the Fill minor mode active). Trying to use M-Ret from the end of the second line of the second item leads to the attached break/backtrace:

- 0:02:04 :: foo
- 0:02:06 :: bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar
             bar[X]

Any ideas on how to fix this bug/break? Do I merely need to upgrade my version of GNU Emacs?

Thank you for your time & help,

~Tomer