[O] Formal description of Org files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [O] Formal description of Org files
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:58:09 +0200

I have a question.

At FOSDEM, someone asked me if there was a formal description of the structure
of Org files, in some language that would be the input for a parser (or parser
generator?) so that Org file could be easily parsed.

Unfortunately I did not catch the name of the format description language that
could be
used for something, not did I catch the name of the person who talked to me.

Can anyone help out here?  Let me know what language to use, and maybe help
work on such a formal description?  I think it would be useful to have....