Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Begginer using orgmode
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:02:47 -0500

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Arnold, Travis <address@hidden> wrote:
> To confirm, I run this command from within the .elisp folder? and then I can
> open Aquamacs and use orgmode?

Yes, from inside the .elisp folder.

You haven't said whether or not you have a .emacs file, either, so I
don't know. If you have a .emacs file and it's pointing to the
~/.elisp/org.git, then you're alright.

It doesn't sound like you have much or any experience with emacs. If
that's the case, I hate to say this, but you may be in for quite the
frustrating ride. I only say this as you sound rushed, and learning
emacs/org-mode is not something you'll be able to brute-force your way
into, at least in my opinion.

Take some deep breaths, google around before posting questions, watch
some screen casts [1], print off some emacs cheat sheets [2], and take
it slow.

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-screencasts/index.html
[2] http://bit.ly/epdHov

John