[O] Documentation suggestion re: buffers containing crypted entries

From: Bill Day
Subject: [O] Documentation suggestion re: buffers containing crypted entries
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 17:34:06 -0400

I appreciate the warning about encrypted entries, and, I would like to add, all the hard work and careful thought that has gone into making org-mode such an incredible piece of software.

I checked the documentation regarding turning off auto-save on pages containing encrypted entries and saw that the warning was repeated but there was no advice on how to implement it.  See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/encrypting-files.html

My eventual solution (there may be better ones) was to add a line at the top of my encrypted page as follows:

# -*- buffer-auto-save-file-name: nil; -*-

This itself generates a warning every time I go to that page, but it seems to inhibit auto-save. I would like to suggest that a little bit of explanation of how to turn auto-save on and off be added to the documentation on encryption with org-mode.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bill Day

--