Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Collapse LaTeX source before start of main document?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 12:18:07 -0400

Chris Malone <address@hidden> writes:

(Note: When using gmail, please adjust the settings to send your
messages as plain text only instead of multipart/alternative.)

> When I include the actual contents of my abstract, this preliminary material
> section (the #+begin ... #+end block) is rather large.  I'd like to be able
> to put this material into a headline so that I could collapse it - but I
> don't want this headline exported as content of the main document.
>
> In other words, is there a property or tag that I can add to a headline that
> causes LaTeX export to ignore the fact that it is a headline (i.e. \chapter,
> \section, \subsection, etc.), but still export its contents?  Something
> like:

You could add a hook to remove headlines with a "prelim" tag:

(defun my-org-export-remove-tagged-headlines (tag)
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (while (re-search-forward (concat ":" tag ":") nil t)
      (delete-region (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol)))))

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook (lambda ()
(my-org-export-remove-tagged-headlines "prelim")))

Best,
Matt