Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 22:41:11 -0400

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:22, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mehul
>> Using Org-mode, I end up with a PDF presentation.  What I would like
>> to do is convert that into
>> either PowerPoint or even better would be into OpenOffice (so I can
>> get it into Google Docs).
>> I have a bunch of people that I need to share the slides with and have
>> them work on it as well.
>> Is there any tool or process by which I can do the conversion ?
> You can export your document to OpenOffice [1] and use OpenOffice's
> outline to presentation capabilities for generating the needed slides
> [2].
> Should you unconver any new tweaks to odt exporter I would be happy to
> consider it.
> Jambunathan K.
> Footnotes:
> [1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office
> [2] Use OpenOffice's File->Send->{Outline to Presentation | AutoAbstract
> to Presentation}. Also see
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Impress_Guide/Creating_slides_from_an_outline
> --

How does someone who does not have a git checkout of org-mode do this ?

I get the following:

prompt% cd ~/Env/emacs

prompt% mkdir org-odt ; cd org-odt

prompt% git remote add org-odt http://repo.or.cz/r/org-mode/org-jambu.git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: address@hidden