[O] TODO is red in MobileOrg - the problem in org-mobile.el

From: Евгений Болденков
Subject: [O] TODO is red in MobileOrg - the problem in org-mobile.el
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:35:40 +0400

I had some problem with the way MobileOrg display TODO states. But it
evidently the problem is not in MobileOrg, but in org-mobile.el.
There are several TODO states defined in my org files. This is done by including
this line to org file:
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) MAYBE(m) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d) CANCELLED(c)
DEFERRED(f)
The tags from the first part needs some actions and should be
displayed in red while
the tags from the second doesn't assume any actions and should be displayed in
green.
In MobileOrg "CANCELLED" and "DEFERRED" where green but "DONE" was red. Another
thing - in MobileOrg the list of the possible TODO states contained
two DONE items,
all other items were listed only once.
Having examined the index.org file, which was generated for MobileOrg,
I saw two lines:
#+TODO: TODO DONE
#+TODO: MAYBE WAITING APPT | DONE CANCELLED DEFERRED
So, that was a problem. The first line contains default TODO types,
which are defined in
org-todo-keywords (org.el). The second line contains my custom TODO
types. This is a problem of defailt org-mode settings.
org-mobile.el (in function org-mobile-create-index-file) write default
TODO types in first line. Then it excludes default types from my custom list and
writes the rest to the second line.
As default, the value of org-todo keywords is ((sequence "TODO" "DONE")). So,
org-mobile.el have no way to determine which of these to types need some action
and which doesn't need. This information could be obtained from my custom string
"+SEQ_TODO", but org-mobile-create-index-file ignores it. It would be better to
write all the custom TODO types in the first line. In the second line should be
default values except for the same as custom. The modification of org-mobile.el
is needed.
I could suggest another solution without org-mobile.el modification. I
simply set
the value of org-todo-keywords to nil in my ~/.emacs. Now I have only
one record in
index.org:
#+TODO: TODO MAYBE WAITING APPT | DONE CANCELLED DEFERRED
This have solved my problem and now "DONE" is displayed in green in MobileOrg.
Org-mode 7.3, MobileOrg Android 0.5.5.