Re: [O] Options for HTML & PDF export

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: Re: [O] Options for HTML & PDF export
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:47:37 -0500

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [...]
> > I'm wondering about "best practices" (though I hate that term) for
>managing
> > the export to both HTML & PDF.
>
> Just by curiosity, what don't use like that term?

I'm not sure - I just hear it used a lot as sort of a "trump card" when
someone wants to impress someone else with how great their methods are, or
if they want to squash someone else's "non-compliant" tool usage.

In this case though, I'm perfectly willing to be impressed with someone's
method. =)

> I've no time to customize it to your particular needs, but here's
>something
> you can update to map it to your needs:
>
> #+begin_src org
> #+BABEL: :results (if (and (boundp 'backend) (eq backend 'latex))
>"latex" "file")
> #+end_src

Thanks Seb, I'll try working with that.  I haven't ever done any Lisp
stuff in org-mode, so I may be a little bit lost here, but I'll experiment
a bit.

Is there somewhere in the orgmode manual that talks about where Lisp can
be embedded in documents for interpolation like this? I hadn't seen that
kind of thing before.

> Please post your solution for the sake of further sharing...

Definitely will if I find something useful!

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist