Re: [O] HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:56:13 +0200

Hi,

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> Jonathan BISSON wrote:
>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>> After a couple of tests, I've observed that the postamble is forced to be
>>> included *inside* the div "content".
>>>
>>> Proof on Line 1764... These are the ending tags of every HTML page:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> ... the closing </div> referring to the opening of "content".
>>>
>>> Shouldn't it make sense to be able to insert something *out of* the
>>> "content" div?
>>
>> I think so (and the same for preamble)!
>>
>> I rewrote org-export-as-html and did a custom org-publish-org-to-html to
>> call it, in order to get them out off the content div (you can look at a
>> first test on my webpage http://www.bjonnh.net).
>> It's easy to do it I can send you my file if you are interested.
>
> I think sharing the code here is always a good idea.
>
> However, I'd favor an approach commonly shared by others, ie by either:
>
> - moving the postamble out of the content DIV
>
> - adding an extra "environment" next to the content DIV, if the postamble must
>   stay where it currently is -- for historical or compliance reasons?
>
> (same applies for preamble)

I'm hijacking my own thread, as it received little support, and as the new
question is quite related to that:

- if we customize the preamble, our string will be inserted as is;

- if we customize the postamble, our string will be inserted as is... between
  a wrapping div called "postamble".

Shouldn't it be normal to apply the same reasoning for both cases: either
impose a wrapper, either not?

> Any comment for others?

Best regards,
  Seb