Re: [O] TAB not working on example line : ?

From: Xin Shi
Subject: Re: [O] TAB not working on example line : ?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:54:31 -0400

Thank you Nicolas!

Xin

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using orgmode 7.5 on Emacs 23.3. The TAB key used to work on version
> 7.3, where a line like the following:
>
> * Section One
>
>   The text
>
>          : this is the example line   <------ If I use TAB here, this line
> will be aligned to "The text" in the above line.
>
> However, in the 7.5, it's no longer working this way.

According to the manual (11.3 Literal examples) :

   For simplicity when using small examples, you can also start the
   example lines with a colon followed by a space. There may also be
   additional whitespace before the colon

This means indent function shouldn't remove the spaces you inserted at
the beginning of the line. I guess it allows examples to stand out this
way.

Nicolas Goaziou