Re: [O] Literate Programming - Continue a Source Block?

From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: [O] Literate Programming - Continue a Source Block?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:36:33 -0700

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Neeum,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.  Your point is well taken about the
> flexibility of header arguments, and the ability of a header argument
> based solution to overwrite blocks.
>
> I would mention that variables such as the newly introduced
> `org-babel-tangle-named-block-combination' may be easily set on a
> per-file bases using file local variables---basically adding a line like
> the following to the top of your Org-mode file.

Somehow I couldn't get your new function to work. The variable is set to
append, and I removed all org-modes from my system except the latest
from git. I even ensured that this code gets executed:

(append (mapconcat #'identity
    named "\n"))

However, the output I get is the same as before - it just uses the first
source block.

Incidentally, why do we need "\n" as a separator? What if I wanted to
do (in Python)

def func(a, b, <<func_args>>):
  stuff

In other words, I want to add more arguments later on. Wouldn't a \n
mess things up here?

Thanks.