[O] odd behaviour in a function - looking for advice

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: [O] odd behaviour in a function - looking for advice
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:34:39 -0400

Hi all,

I've got this function:

(defun fas/org-priority (&optional p)
  "Change the priority of the current item, then refresh agenda."
    (if (org-priority p)

I set up my window to have 2 frames side by side.  The org agenda is
in the left frame.  In the right frame is whatever org file I'm
working on.
In the org file (right frame), I call the above function, having bound
it to \C-,
It does what it's supposed to to the priority, but then the point
moves to the agenda frame and goes to the end of the agenda buffer.
I would have thought 'save-excursion' would have returned the point to
wherever I was when I called the function.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St, Toronto, ON