Re: [O] Changing packages and their order in LaTeX export

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] Changing packages and their order in LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:53:59 +0200

On 11 Jul 2011, Dror Atariah wrote:
>>> 2. If it is the org.el, then how can I tell which file is the one
>>> which is used? Should I restart emacs after each edit of this file
>>> for the changes to take effect?
> Can you still answer this question? How can I ask emacs to tell me
> where is the file it is using and should I restart after each such
> change?

A combination of describe-{function,variable,...} (to get the filename)
and locate-library (to get the exact location -- you can also follow the
link in describe-*) tells you this. And no you don't have to restart
after that change you just have to reload (and recompile beforehand if
it was compiled) it.

But that's only a must if you change the file! A more sensible approach
is using customize. With X-c customize-group RET org RET you can browse
through all org settings that are thought to be changed. And don't
forget to set/save in that dialog.

Michael