Re: [O] how to change the headline starter *

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] how to change the headline starter *
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:49:50 +0200

Hi Harven,

I understand your point -- yes, from a purely theoretical point
of view, we should be able to use another character than "*" to
match headlines, because org-mode is derived from outline-mode.

If you can go through Org's code (or motivate someone to go thru the
code for you) and check where the "*" is hardcoded instead of being
inherited from outline-mode that would help a lot, because I'm busy
with other changes I find more important right now.

>> Can't you live with the "*" as the headline character?
>
> That's a pretty rude answer, I must say.

Sorry if that sounded rude, it was not my intention and I asked this
sincerely.  I'm still interested in your answer btw :)

> I don't know a single language (language as e.g. english, russian,
> spanish...) that uses * as an headline character.

Er... I don't know a single language that depends on Emacs to be
spoken.  Org does.

Best,

--
 Bastien