[O] html-export: Unique, non-enumerated heading-IDs according to heading

From: address@hidden
Subject: [O] html-export: Unique, non-enumerated heading-IDs according to heading
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:41:11 +0200

Hi.

Usually, when you export an org-document to HTML, the headings get enumerated IDs (which are in particular important for anchors) like this:

* this is my first heading
* the second one

This org-code (more or less) becomes:

<h2 id="sec-1">this is my first heading</h2>
<h2 id="sec-2">the second one</h2>

But this behaviour is not always ideal: If you add a heading the ID of all following headings changes -- unless you didn't set the CUSTOM_ID property manually.

So, this e-mail requests the feature that it should be possible to make Org automatically set the ID according to the content of the heading. E.g.…

* foobar
* this heading includes lots of spaces and some other special characters like "§$%&/()

… would become this:

<h2 id="foobar">foobar</h2>
<h2 id="this_heading_includes_lots_of_spaces_and_some_other_special_characters_like_________">this heading includes lots of spaces and some other special characters like "§$%&/()</h2>

What do you think?
Wouldnt that be nice?

I think you should be able to switch between these two behaviours -- both have their own advantages.

Having said this,
Goodbye.