[O] [babel] tangle from within codeblock?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [O] [babel] tangle from within codeblock?
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:21:10 +0200

Hi

I have an R package in org, and would like to tangle it before I submit to svn.

I commit via a code block:

#+begin_src sh :results output
svn commit  -m "edits"
#+end_src

How can I tangle automatically before I commit? I could use batch execution as described in  http://orgmode.org/manual/Batch-execution.html but I think it would be useless to start another emacs instance? I thought that I could put it into a header variable to have it evaluated, but I seem to be missing something:

* test
#+begin_src sh :tangle test.sh :var TANGLED=(org-babel-tangle)
  echo TEST''
#+end_src

But I get an error:

Saving file /home/rkrug/tmp/test.org...
Wrote /home/rkrug/tmp/test.org
(No changes need to be saved) [56 times]
cons: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'

I have the feeling, I am missing something small.

Is there a different way to achieve this?

Cheers,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa