Re: [O] parsing options

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] parsing options
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:03:30 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a generic function for parsing options lines at the top of a
> file?

See `org-infile-export-plist'.

> I'd like to use some custom lines to set certain file-specific
> variables, and haven't quite figured out the best way to do that.
>
> It looks like org-set-regexps-and-options does that when you open a new
> file, but that's a bear of a function, and doesn't provide for setting
> your own options (or at least doesn't appear to, my eyes crossed while
> reading it).

`org-set-regexps-and-options' is used to set options keywords and
regexp, so depending on what you exactly want to do, you may have
to add your own options keywords here...

> Is there any smaller function available for our own minor modes or use
> cases? Should I just use regexp search? If there isn't anything like
> this, would one be useful (something that either found an option value
> or returned a default, or found an alist of option values, or found an
> alist of values for options matching a regexp, etc)?

Mhh..  hard to help you more without knowing more precisely what you
want to achieve.  Perhaps an example would help.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien