Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversion of heterogeneous-typ

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversion of heterogeneous-typed table
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:35:32 +0200

Hello,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> András Major <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> > Can you post an example?  Here is a working example.
>>
>> In your example, simply write "asymptote" in place of "sh" and replace the
>> code by "size(100);" just to make sure it's valid asymptote (though the
>> error occurs even if you don't).  In fact, I'm quite sure that asy never
>> gets executed in this case.
>>

> Yes, even without any asymptote code, this breaks. But there seem to be
> multiple problems. One is fix-empty-lines, a local routine defines
> inside org-babel-asymptote-table-to-array: it seems to assume that the table
> is a list of lists, whereas in this case it's a list of strings. The
> following patch (which probably is wrong, in that it cures the symptom
> rather than the disease):

Yes, the problem is more general: uni-dimensional lists are not handled
correctly.

I attach a patch that should fix the problem (and simplify a lot that
whole process).

One thing, though. Now,

| 1 | 2 |

and (but this was already the case)

| 1 |
| 2 |

are treated as bi-dimensional arrays, because that's how they really are
passed to ob-asymptote.

Nicolas Goaziou