Re: [O] [calfw] Better use of space

From: SAKURAI Masashi
Subject: Re: [O] [calfw] Better use of space
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:50:53 +0900

Thanks for your comment!

At Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:32:48 +0200,
Rasmus wrote:
> :
> Emacs has several built-in word wrapping mechanisms.  See
>    Options → Line Wrapping in this buffer
> for an overview.  My preferred method is Word Wrap.  Whether this can
>    easily be utilized by calfw I don't know.

Yes. I seem this word wrapping algorithm is a simple one (it may be
the same as 'fill-region'), which is shown at the Wikipedia. To fill
out the narrow space efficiently, I think hyphenation is needed.
I will continue to search the better algorithm.

> > If you have a time, will you check it out?
> > I would like to hear feeling from the not East Asians users,
> > using line breaking without no smart word-wrapping and hyphenation.
> It works okay.  The problem is not so much the line breaking as the lack
> of appropriately segregating entries.
> The following view is decent, and word wrap certainly improves
> the ease of obtaining information:
>    http://ompldr.org/vYThpOQ
> On the other hand information is not easily obtained from a week with
> lots of scheduled class from a single file:
>    http://ompldr.org/vYThpYQ
>  - An easy solution might be do add a `\n' but this might not always be
>    desirable.
>  - Events could also be separated by lines.
>  - Different shades might also be a possibility. Here is a screenshot of
>    my Gnus group buffer which is striped.
>       http://ompldr.org/vYThpZQ

I think the current look needs to improve in the case of many
schedules too.

Many schedule items, like Japanese TV programs guides...

I'm going to try some improvement, such as inserting a horizontal
line, applying different face on the first lines and shading like gnus
group buffer.

I will inform here again.
Thank you,

SAKURAI, Masashi (family, given)