Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:10:14 +0100

Hi David

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Martyn,
>
> At Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:09:17 +0100,
> Martyn Jago wrote:
>> I'll do some work on testing against version 23 and 22 and maybe put
>> together a how-to get ERT on those earlier systems (on linux).
>
> Just read this through Org mode's patch tracker[1] and coincidentally
> started to work on the test framework, too. To get a recent ERT
> running on Emac22 we need to backport parts of simple.el as of Emacs23
> -- doing this is scheduled for the upcoming weekend in my Org mode.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm still working on other tests at the moment,
so its great you're already working on testing legacy systems. I was also
intending on firing up a windows machine for testing purposes too if
that is going to be useful (OSX and Ubuntu are my usual systems).

>> For fun I hacked together a test results parser using org babel, which
>> calls your script from within a shell block, passing the results to a
>> parser block. Output is in the form of org mode headings and
>> sub-headings. I've attached it in case you were interested (org babel
>> was just great for doing this).
>
> This is great. This would be useful for non-babel tests, too. There
> are some tests for link escaping and link export -- I'm going to
> extend the latter (that's why I started to work on the testing
> framework in the first place).

Great to hear that further tests are in the pipeline.

Best, Martyn