Re: [O] The org paper manual - tools used

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] The org paper manual - tools used
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 17:46:05 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> How was the process, from org file to tex to paper? I think it'd be
> nice if whoever did it (Carsten?) documented that on Worg. Org is
> amazing as a publishing platform (for books and ebooks), but I feel
> the information is still scattered around.

Unfortunately, the org documentation is not an org file: org.texi is the
primary file and it has always been a texinfo file. makeinfo is used to
turn it into an info file, and texi2pdf is used to turn it into a PDF
file (and thence to paper): see the org Makefile.

The reason is that org is part of emacs. The project *requires*
that documentation be provided in texinfo format.

Nick