Re: [O] [babel] create tikz pictures in an floating LaTeX environment

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] create tikz pictures in an floating LaTeX environment
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:49:52 -0600

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric
>

>>> ``:results output silent'' should suppress that I think.
>>>

>> Nick's solution should work well.  Also, (if you're exporting to LaTeX)
>> couldn't you just combine the tikz picture and the wrapping figure
>> environment into a single begin_latex block?
>>

> Yep Nick solution is working fine. I just wonder what is the order of
> execution during export. E.g. if I generate the link to a file as
> output and place it directly under the lines to add a picture in
> org-mode, I thought the code block would be execute first and the
> result would replace the function call. The exporter will find a link
> to a picture and export it as usual. This was the reason I thought the
> following code should work.

Your code example can be reworked as follows and it should export as
expected.  With a named code block the result may be positioned anywhere
in an Org-mode file regardless of the position of the code block.

The caption, label and attr_latex lines will be applied to the named result.

#+CAPTION:    my great picture
#+LABEL:      fig:my_picture
#+ATTR_LaTeX:
#+results: mypicture
[[file:fig/mypicture.pdf]]

This code block may be anywhere in the Org-mode file the result will
always be placed at the named results line above.

#+srcname: mypicture
#+begin_src latex :file fig/mypicture.pdf :packages '(("" "tikz")) :border 1em
:fit :results raw
 \begin{tikzpicture}[line width=1pt,text centered, inner sep = 2]
     \draw[fill=red!50] (0,0) rectangle  ++(5,1);
     \draw[fill=yellow!50] (1,1) rectangle  ++(1,0.25);
     \draw[fill=yellow!50] (3,1) rectangle  ++(1,0.25);
     \draw[fill=green!50] (0.75,1) rectangle  ++(1.5,-0.4);
     \draw[fill=green!50] (2.75,1) rectangle  ++(1.5,-0.4);
 \end{scope}
 \end{tikzpicture}
#+end_src
Best -- Eric