Re: [O] why was makefile changed to produce this?

From: Olaf Meeuwissen
Subject: Re: [O] why was makefile changed to produce this?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:41:47 +0900

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:

> For the record, this is a new installation of debian wheezy and
> the makeinfo utility doesn't appear to be in the distribution let alone
> on my system.

  sudo apt-get install texinfo

I usually keep a (somewhat stale) copy of Contents-$arch.gz around and
find necessary packages with

  zegrep bin/makeinfo Contents-$arch.gz

There is (was?) a package that would make package suggestions if a
command isn't found but I can't recall its name.
# Somewhat annoying when you make a typo but ...

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962