Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lin

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:18:19 +0200

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/21/11 12:59 PM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

So, using your above mentioned example, after the first PROPERTY line,
euro=1.3795 and SALESTAX not set, while after the second one
salestax=.15, and euro is unset? That would be quite bad.

That's what I'd expected, but actually, euro is set and salestax is not. Apparently subsequent PROPERTY lines are ignored if they try to set an already existing property.

That's bad - really bad. Because then I have to substantially change my files.

To clarify: before, we could use #+BABEL and #PROPERTY to do similar
things. Now the whole #+BABEL has been removed, and only the
functionality from #+PROPERTY is left - correct?

That's my understanding. And #+PROPERTY offers equivalent functionality in almost every way, but not, as far as I can understand, in this corner case.

Then I would suggest to leave #+BABEL until these cases are also implemented in #+PROPERTY - but I suppose, they are there for a purpose.

Cheers,

Rainer

Christian

Stellenbosch University