Re: [O] New version of VimOrganizer, an Org-mode clone in Vim

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] New version of VimOrganizer, an Org-mode clone in Vim
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:39:55 +0000

Tom Short <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>>

>>> or at a similar place that there is also the possibility to have the
>>> vi modal editing paradigm and most of the vi key bindings within Emacs
>>> itself by using a vi emulation like Viper mode. (I use Emacs with
>>> Viper mode all the time to have the best of both worlds.)
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> Michael -- No problem, this issue was of course brought up when I started the
>> project a year or so ago.  Actually for the many Vim users who have tried to
>> make the transition to Emacs I think it is pretty well known that there are
>> several different Vim emulators for Emacs.  (Evil is a fairly new one I still
>> want to try out; I'm not sure but I think it's by same team and intended to
>> supplant Vimpulse, which itself extends Viper:  http://gitorious.org/evil )
>
> Evil is very nice. I like it a lot and could never get used to
> Vimpulse. It is intended to replace Viper/Vimpulse. I second your idea
> of better org integration. See here for a start of a customization:
>
> http://zuttobenkyou.wordpress.com/tag/orgmode/
>
> Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying VimOrganizer.

I have been using evil for several months now.  It works very very
well.  I also had tried previous VI emulation attempts (viper, vimpulse)
but none stuck.  Evil has.  It works particularly well with org mode in
my experience.  Highly recommended if you want vi + emacs, as I do.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.582.g36939)