Re: [O] how to show deadlines in global to-do list?

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] how to show deadlines in global to-do list?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 03:01:36 +0000 (UTC)

James Harkins <jamshark70 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I like the out-of-the-box to-do list, except one thing: I would like
> to see the items' deadlines. The weekly agenda view shows the
> deadlines, but I need a view where I can see *only* to-do items and
> their deadlines.

Here is one way:

Include this line in your org-file's config lines, or just stick it in if you
don't have config-line block:

#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %18DEADLINE

Now either save and reload or press <ctrl-c><ctrl-c> on the #+COLUMNS line.

Now do your agenda search.  Once in agenda, turn on column view by pressing:

<ctrl-c><ctrl-x><ctrl-c>

This is a more-or-less temporary solution.  I'm sure there's way to make the
columns setting above a default without having to put the config line in your
buffers, but don't remember offhand.  I believe turning on column-view is a
setting you can include when defining a user-defined search. . .