Re: [O] Worg migration complete

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Worg migration complete
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:21:49 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> ... but then you'll encounter problems when you try to push, right?

Yes.  It's sorted now, thanks to Jason.  First there was some bogus
newlines in the authentication file of the server, so some keys were not
recognized.  The remote to push to must be

  address@hidden:worg.git

Alternatively, in URL syntax that is

  git+ssh://address@hidden/~/worg.git

The crucial part is the "~", otherwise it'd search the repository in the
root directory.  Since I pull via the public interface to avoid the
overhead of an encrypted connection unless it is really needed, I've put

[url "git+ssh://address@hidden/~/"]
        pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/

in my global .gitconfig; you could also have that in the repository
config or configure separate pull and push URL for the remote.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: