[O] Defining new structural markup element

From: Levy, Roger
Subject: [O] Defining new structural markup element
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:33:03 +0000

I'm a relative org newbie and I expect that this question is answered somewhere
in the manual, but I've searched and I can't find the answer.

I would like to define a new structural markup element for an org file and
specify its translation into latex.  e.g., I'd like to be able to put in my

and have this translated into LaTeX as something like

but I'd like to be able to flexibly specify the LaTeX commands inserted at the
beginning and end of the "foo" block.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Best & many thanks in advance!