Re: [O] centering blocks cause latex export to crash

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] centering blocks cause latex export to crash
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:28:35 -0600

On 12/14/11 Dec 14 -3:06 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> I am using the latest org from git.
>
> The attached org-mode file causes latex export to crash with an error of
> "unbalanced begin/end center blocks with ...."
>
> This did work, as recently as a month ago, so something relatively
> recent has broken it.

I got in the debugger, and the problem is that the regular expression
for the end of the centering block, computed as inner-re in
org-export-blocks-preprocess fails to match my #+end_center

inner-re is:

(inner-re (format "[\r\n][ \t]*#\\+\\(begin\\|end\\)_%s"
                                     (regexp-quote (downcase (match-string
2)))))

I don't understand why this is happening: I haven't been able to tell if
the regular expression is incorrectly written, so it fails to find the
ending of the center block, or if somehow the logic in the while loop
(which counts begins and ends to make sure they match) is counting wrong.

Cheers,