Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)

From: Dave Marquardt
Subject: Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:59:37 -0600

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alan and Dave,
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 22:56, Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 15/12/11 08:35:20, suvayu ali wrote:
>>>  Cannot find factory styles file.
>>>
>>> I believe this is fixed in the git head.
>>
>> I'm not so sure. I just pulled the latest and get the same error
>> message:
>>
>> Debian Squeeze, emacs 23.2.1, LibreOffice 3.4.3.
>>

> I was mistaken in saying it has been "fixed". Its actually a setup
> problem reported originally by Christian. Take a look at the following
> thread.
>
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/49846/focus=50001>
>
> In case you still think its a bug causing the issue in your case, it
> would be help if you could post an ECM (minimal complete example in
> French) which replicates the problem.

No, I don't think that thread has anything to do with my problem.  I had
not previously used the ODT exporter in any way.  When I run "make
install" I really expect all the necessary files to be installed in the
default location where the code expects to find them if I do no
customization.

I have not tried installing from the head, as I usually prefer to update
only at release boundaries, so I can't say yet whether this problem is
fixed by the latest changes.  I was frankly quite surprised that "make
install" didn't install the necessary pieces in 7.8.02.

-Dave