Re: [O] fast navigation

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] fast navigation
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:54:43 +0800

On Tue, Dec 20 2011, sergio wrote:

> On 12/19/2011 05:49 AM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>
>> The behavior I see is that I always need to start with a top-level
>> heading.
> Yes, but I'm talking another problem.
>
>> If you really can't go to b (a top level node), then something is messed
>> up.
> I can't goto b or it's children when cursor is on b.
>
>> If the problem is just that you can't *start* completion at a
>> non-top-level node, then that's the way it's supposed to work.
> It doesn't start, but the problem is that goto doesn't work:
> when I press
> C-c C-j b <RET>
> and cursor is not on b I goto b
> when after this I press
> C-c C-j <RET>
> or C-c C-j b <RET>
> one again I receive:
> Invalid target location
> or
> Goto (default b/): b [No match]

This might be more than I can help you with -- I've got pretty much the
same org version as you, and the above does not behave that way for me,
it does what you're expecting it to. I'm using emacs 24, but I don't see
why that would affect this. Also, (require 'ido) is enough to make ido
work, including org's use of it.

I saw in one of your other threads that you're starting with emacs -Q --
is that true for this problem as well? If so, then I really am plumb out
of useful. I don't think it's a bug in org, though…

Sorry,

Eric

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)
 of 2011-12-07 on pellet