Re: [O] Custom title page in org-mode

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Custom title page in org-mode
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:03:04 -0600

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

>     That's all that's needed to produce separate title and TOC pages and
>     keep the rest of the article class intact. If you don't like the
>     titlepage format, you can modify it to your heart's content: you will
>     need to figure out the LaTeX part to do that, but that's not as
>     difficult as you might think it is at first sight - and I guarantee that
>     you will have an easier time this way than fighting the org latex
>     exporter, a fight that you will probably lose :-) IMO, of course.
>
> I just did this and took a different method. I simply added:
>
> ---
> #+text: \input{./title.tex}
> ---
>
> to the beginning of my document. Then I created a separate .tex file
> with the title. If something is recurring, maybe it's worth the
> separate article class file. If not, I think it *might* be simpler to
> just define a custom title page and do as above. I think I just
> followed
> this: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Title_Creation#Custom_Title_Pages
>
> Up to you! I can't guarantee this is right; I'm on a work computer and did this on my home one.

... but you have to do something (or perhaps *not* do something) in order to convince
the org latex exporter not to produce a title page, right? Is it something simple
like omitting #+TITLE and #+AUTHOR?

Good point. Yes. Now that I'm back at home I looked at the document and the header stuff in the document in which I used this technique is:
----
#+BIND: org-export-latex-title-command ""
#+text: \input{./title-page.tex}

* first headline
----

Neat tip about just doing "#+title: "; hadn't realized a blank would do the same as the bind entry!

John

Nick