[O] automatic tangle

From: András Major
Subject: [O] automatic tangle
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:36:32 +0100

Hi fellows,

I've just discovered that I'm missing a feature in org-mode.  These
days I write much of my code in an Org buffer and tangle it into a set
of source files.  Currently, I follow a rather cumbersome procedure
when making changes to the code:

1. I change the Org file using the C-cC-c keystroke within the code
   block I want to edit.

2. After editing, I press C-cc-c again to return to the main buffer.

3. I save the buffer.

4. I tangle the buffer using C-cC-vt.

5. For further editing, I press C-cC-c again.

I know that 3. is optional, but this still leaves me with four steps
instead of (ideally) just one.

What I would like to have is a way of reducing all this to just one
key command.  Would it make sense to introduce such a command that
simply tangles the entire buffer, including the changes made in the
language-specific buffer, but leaving that buffer open for editing?
If it's a reasonably small change, could anyone introduce it?  (I
don't have time to delve into the depths of org-mode.)

Cheers,

  András