Re: [O] [Orgmode] Automatic screenshot insertion

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Automatic screenshot insertion
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 00:37:16 -0600

A bit OT, but related.

---
It would be *awesome* if we could somehow hook into the emacs paste/(drag-and)drop events and automatically "paste" or "drop" the image in an org buffer. I don't know if it's possible, but I imagine that if hooking into those events was somehow possible, then we could get the "event handle" with information regarding the file, and automatically insert a link to it, and if iimage is activated, it would then render the image. It would be freaking awesome, this is the only thing I miss from Evernote.
---

- Marcelo.

2012/1/14 François Pinard <address@hidden>
Skip Collins <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/1/10 François Pinard <address@hidden>:
>> Some sad people think of me as a programmer.  While deep down, I am
>> fundamentally an artist.  Programming is mere mean of _expression_ :-).

> You and Jambunathan K. should form a club.

I do not know Jambunathan, but I'll pay attention! :-)

François

P.S. This Org mode mailing list is quite active.  I did not pay
attention in the last few days (being busy elsewhere) and messages
accumulated at a relatively fast pace!