Re: [O] LOGBOOK opening

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] LOGBOOK opening
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:03:43 -0500

address@hidden (François Pinard) writes:

> Hello, Sebastien.  The manual says, in (org) Drawers:
>
>   Sometimes you want to keep information associated with an entry, but
>   you normally don't want to see it.  For this, Org mode has _drawers_.
>   [...]  In order to look inside the drawer, you need to move the cursor
>   to the drawer line and press <TAB> there.
>
> and I like what the manual says, I would like it to be true.  The
> /purpose/ of drawers is to keep the information out of sight, unless
> explicit action is taken, as stated.  I do not see why RET and SPC from
> the Agenda would act differently from one another in that respect, nor
> why one of them would contradict the definition and spirit of a drawer.
> If for some reason it should be an exception, this should be documented
> and justified within (org) Agenda commands, which it is currently not.
>
> François

Hi,

It behaves this way in the org file when you change folding views with
TAB.  From the agenda it's useful (at least for me) to be able to see
the first few lines of the drawer data for LOGBOOK entries.

When I mark a task WAITING I normally record the reason for WHY it is
waiting in the LOGBOOK as a note.  SPC in the agenda on the task
displays the extra detail and I like this current feature.

Regards,
Bernt