Re: [O] Hack: org-agenda-cache.el

From: Max Mikhanosha
Subject: Re: [O] Hack: org-agenda-cache.el
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:31:10 -0500

Hi Carsten,

At Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:40:01 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On 16.1.2012, at 13:18, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>
> Sorry, I am talking about `org-agenda-markers', and indeed, some
> care has to be taken here.  Basically, the function
> org-agenda-new-marker needs to be modified to take a buffer as an
> argument, and then to push the new marker on the list of markers in
> that buffer.  Also, org-agenda-save-markers-in-region needs to be
> modified.
>
> OK, this is a bit complicated, I am willing to help.  If you make a
> new patch that implements the multibuffer stuff in org-agenda, I
> will look at the marker issues and implement them.

Cool, I'll redo it and submit a patch in the next few days. The plan
is:

  - Multi-buffer support (ie buffer-local vars) goes in
    unconditionally, since I think there is no way to undo making
    variable buffer local, and if there is, it would make toggling on/off
    function really complicated.

    About the markers, what about if I call to clean them up
    kill-buffer-hook? This will work even if user kills the buffer
    manually, not just on q key.

  - The "use existing buffer, and bury on quit" toggle needs a new
    name org-agenda-reuse-buffers? Wanderlust has a similar mechanism
    and its called "sticky summary buffers", so maybe
    org-agenda-buffer-sticky?

  - The C-u r that you suggested to kill all buffers is already taken
    by "reload with a
    search string", so I think for cleanup bindings could be:

    q          -> kill buffer or bury if enabled
    Q          -> always kill
    C-u Q      -> kill all agenda buffers (ie cleanup)

    Now that I'm thinking it also needs to keep track of all agenda
    buffers, so need a global list. The kill-buffer hook should work
    there too.

Regards,
  Max