Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:01:23 +0530

Tom

The aspect I am exploring is this:

Does numbering behavious occur uniformly for a *given* level? For
example, are we talking of a scenario where level 3 heading in Tree-1 is
numbered while level 3 heading on a Tree-2 is unnumbered. What would be
the behaviour of level 4 heading in Tree-1.

It seems to me, that an unnumbered heading is a mnemonic(?) for creating
a paragraph (albeit a short one) that is styled very much like a
heading. When one looks at a printed document, one doesn't really know
what mechanism were used to achieve a particular typesetting effect and
there could be multiple mechanisms by which the same effect could be
achieved.

If the above paragraph is true , I think the right thing to do would be
to associate a paragraph style with *just* the heading component of an
Org's outline level and leave it to the exporter what particular code it
wants to emit.