Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 22:32:26 +0100

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2012-01-28, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> If you don't know which one it is, you can successively mark each table
>> in that buffer and use org-export-dispatch with the region active (it
>> will only export the region) until the culprit is found.
> I get "Before first headline at position ..." error.  Can't send stack
> trace now.

Ok. Be sure to have latest git, though.

>>   (org-e-ascii-verbatim-format). That will affect ~code~, =verbatim= and
>>   inline src blocks.
> Can these be affected individually?

> Or can emphasis be told to be always left in verbatim?

Yes. Simply override actual function translating verbatim text by
putting this in your config.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-e-ascii-verbatim (verbatim contents info)
  "Return a VERBATIM object from Org to ASCII.
CONTENTS is nil.  INFO is a plist holding contextual
  (let ((marker (org-element-get-property :marker verbatim))
        (value (org-element-get-property :value verbatim)))
    (concat marker value marker)))

>   1) Notice how it is set off so you know when the end of the list is?

- This is an item with some text.
  This is obviously inside the list.

This is obviously outside the list.

>>> Feature requesti --export tables using tab characters.  If it doesn't
>>> exist already.  Maybe it does?
>> Do you mean inserting tabs instead of white spaces in cells? If that's
>> the case, I'd rather not implement it.
> No, I mean that this is a useful way to send things to people who use

But in the simplest cases, tables will look ugly with proportional
fonts, no matter if you use tabs or not. It isn't worth the struggle.

Nicolas Goaziou