Re: [O] [feature request] org-insert-heading

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [feature request] org-insert-heading
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:43:43 +0100

> By default, M-RET is allowed to split lines, and therefore contents.

Let me re-formulate my request:

If the point is at EOL, there actually is no line to split and it would be far
more logical if the new heading/item would simply be inserted after the
current one (including any subtree that belongs to the current item).

> You may use the following to achieve the desired effect:
> (setq org-M-RET-may-split-line '((item) (default . t)))

I actually like the ability to split lines with M-RET, especially since
there doesn't seem to be a sane way to tell org that "yes I want to
split the line this time".  What I want is that "point at EOL" is
recognized as a special situation, much like "point at BOL" already is.